Saturday, December 30, 2006

So, it’s official. Saddam executed.

Whatever his crimes, it makes me sick that Bush and Blair are going to get away scot free.

Bush and Blair invaded Iraq because, they would have us believe, Saddam posed a threat to the rest of the world. WMDs can be fired at British territory (Cyprus?) in 45 mins, were the news headlines back in ‘03.

So, they went in there knowing this to be untrue.

In my books that counts as a war crime, the moral equivalent of Hitler’s invasion of Poland, which took place after some German soldiers dressed as Poles fired on some German soldiers.

Saddam is captured, and, after a show-trial executed, as, wait for it, a war criminal.

Am I missing something?

I’m as mad as hell about all this.

I’ll give you my ha’penny worth about Ford and what the New Year has in store in a mo’.

BTW, GNMNUK, Bush doesn’t give a monkey’s about the rights of unborn babies, or for any one else for that matter.

It’s just about getting the votes of the idiot Christian right.

And I’m speaking as a Christian.

If Bush is a genuine Christian, then I’m Monica Lewinski.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I’ve just read the news on the CBS website.

By all accounts he died bravely. A darn sight more bravely than those evil creeps Blair and Bush will die when, or if, justice ever catches up with them. They’ll die soiling themselves.

It completely escaped comment in my parents' household this morning, and my father's someone who follows the news on CEEFAX religiously.

I had to choke back a tear when I read it. Not because I liked Saddam. He was a nasty piece of work. But it’s so grotesquely unfair that he pays for his crimes and others can just rewrite history.

No comments: