Sunday, April 15, 2007

Peace Be With You, Kurt Vonnegut

By Harvey Wasserman
OpEdNews
April 15, 2007 at 08:31:32

As the media fills with whimsical good-byes to one of America's greatest writers, lets not forget one of the great engines driving this wonderful man-he HATED war. Including this one in Iraq. And he had utter contempt for the men who brought it about.


"Can I speak frankly?" he asked Professor Manuel Luis Martinez, the poet and writing teacher who would "interview" him. "The only difference between George W. Bush and Adolph Hitler is that Hitler was actually elected."

Holding up a book about Ohio 2004, he said: "You all know, of course, that the election was stolen. Right here."

Allen L. Roland adds:
As I scanned the obituaries regarding the death of Kurt Vonnegut ~ I was looking for the one that would capture the true essence of this unique man, the one that would capture his spirit and vitality that was, quite literally, a force of nature. Who else but Vonnegut could write ~ "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: ' The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music.' I found it ~ enjoy !

No comments: